Friday, April 15, 2011

Scream



For this one I wanted to mess around with the Slicex vocal chopper so I started with a simple half time drum beat and added a groove with Sytrus's "Depthcore" Preset. Next I added in some high hats in a choppy pattern that added to the swing like so, x xxx x x x x x xxx x x x x x Then came the vocal chopped part, I took a preset recording of a person screaming, ran it into SliceX and chopped it into different sample markers, then i created a pattern of scream pieces that I liked and put it behind the high hat part, then I used the Vocodex to give it a synthy sound. I decided that it still need some dark punchy notes to really accent the scream part so I went to Sytrus and added the "Power" preset under vocoter carriers, created a little dissident bass line with an LFO on the cutoff Freq. in the background and patched it all together. Viola!

1 comment:

  1. I like the half step modulation in the bass at :26, but I don't hear the scream. Overall a very enjoyable piece. the halftime drums are a perfect Dubstep trademark, and your piece is well balanced.

    ReplyDelete