Friday, April 15, 2011

Radiohead




For this song I was inspired by the band Radiohead's song Lotus Flower ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8 )so I made my idea into a trippy beat with a sort of scary ambient noise scratching in the background. I used pad to create the sound like echos in a cave and a sort wave growling synth with a 10 step HP filter to create the filtered choppy thing in the high end. The dubstep part consists of the 30xc layered so that 2 synths play the same notes adding more power to the sound. Just before the drop you can hear a radio tuning, I thought that was a nice touch. There are two different drum patterns and an additional high hat part that I add in during parts to make the beat choppier. Pretty sick if I do say so myself

1 comment:

  1. I would have gone with a more subtle radio effect at :28, but your concept was good. Killer bass wobble. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete