Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Put your boots on ( Its gonna be a long trip )



So I realized that a song of mine that I made earlier entitled, "Dubstep_Beat" was lacking but that it had a lot of un-reached potential so I decided to beef it up a little bit and this is what I came up with. I think I still need to get some of the grimey mucky muck out of the bass but it was kinda a pain to do that with all the other sounds remaining in tact. Anyways what I added were some pad sounds (with overdrive and boost) to get a good sound canvas to paint my audio picture upon. Then I took Mr. Rabuse's advice and added a harder, more in your face kick drum set to a metal-ish beat. Then I messed around with the synth sounds I had already created. I took the 3OXC (1) and changed it so that It was overdriven, then I took the 3rd ocilator, detuned it, and set an automation clip so that it would fade in quickly at the end of each measure giving the ipression that theres feedback building on strange harmonics. Then i added a sub bass behind the main riff to give the bass more body. Added a few parts of Pitch shifting synths with an LFO on their cutoff freq. Then as a final touch, I took the main synth line (the soloy one) and ran it through an over drive to give it some bite, then I put it into the pan-o-matic to give it head spinning pan effects : D viola!

1 comment:

  1. The panning makes this tune. Excellent use of that effect. I like the wobble bass and the revised kick sound/pattern.

    ReplyDelete